Noel Catura Biography
Noel Catura Bio
Award winning saxophonist and Selmer Paris endorsed artist, Noel Catura has been a professional musician, composer, arranger and educator in the San Francisco Bay Area for over 30 years. Noel has performed with renowned artists such as Mary Wells, John Lee Hooker, Bobby Womack, Charles Brown, Don Menza, Gordon Goodwin, Eddie “Clean Head” Vinson, Albert King, Ike Turner, Robben Ford, Dave Weckl, Ernie Watts, Russell Ferrante, Kim Wilson, Wayne Wallace, Pat Ford, Ron E. Beck, Joey DeFrancesco, Duke Jethro, Jeff Lorber, Matt Finders and a host of others. He also performed and toured with Rhythm and Blues singer Bobby Womack, Verve recording artist, Joe Louis Walker and Mo’ Muscle recordingartist, Sista Monica and was instrumental in the success of the critically acclaimed Chris Cain Band.
Noel has performed nationally and internationally at such prestigious venues and festivals including the Apollo Theater (New York), Royal Alberts Hall (London), BB Kings (Los Angeles, Memphis), Blue Note (New York), Buddy Guy’s Legends (Chicago), Montreal Jazz Festival (Canada), Gospel and Rhythm and Blues Festival (New York), Notoden Blues Festival (Norway), Belgium Rhythm and Blues Festival, West Palm Beach Festival (Florida), Bumpershoot Festival (Seattle), San Francisco Blues Festival and the Sacramento Blues Festival.
Noel currently performs in his band NC5, Golden State Warriors Bay Blue Notes also with various bands and artists in the San Francisco Bay Area. He is a respected educator and currently teaches private lessons at Music Village in San Jose, CA and Jams Music in Dublin, CA.
Booking and Private Lesson Information: 408-230-5969
- Selmer Paris Saxophones
- AMT Applied Microphone Technology
As a Leader
- Noel Catura, Soulful Situation
As a Sideman
- Joe Louis Walker, President and the Preacher
- Sista Monica, Get Out of My Way, People Love the Blues and Live in Europe
- Chris Cain, Late Night City Blues, Cuttin' Loose, Can’t Buy a Break
- Jackie Payne, Day in the Life of a Bluesman
- Andy Just, Andy Just Don’t Cry
- Ronnie Beck, Love Comes and Goes
- Greg Murai, And Your Soul Will Dance
- Killer Acid Jazz by Cue Ball, The Big Nervous Chill